Monday, November 13, 2006

A poem from my Father


The love poems are written
The songs have been sung,
About Me loving you
Since time had begun.

New ways to say it?
It's already been said,
The words are all dancing
Around in My head.

I consistently find
New ways to show
The depth of My love
You already know.

So how can I tell you
In ways yet untold,
How I'll always love you
Till time grows old?

How can I show you
In a thousand new ways,
That I'll love you forever
Plus one thousand days?

If only you could feel
What I feel inside,
Or taste all the tears
When My Son died.

There'd be no need
For words already said,
You'd know that I'll love you
Until even time's dead.

Until the oceans are gone
And still waters run dry,
Until time loses all meaning
And there's no moon in the sky.

You'll know that My love
Is the last true thing,
That will live beyond our future
And all that it brings.

So tonight when you go
Take yourself off to bed,
Let My words here
Be the last ones on your head.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

very encouraging.. use to write poem myself..but...*hmm*...

Monday, November 13, 2006 8:25:00 PM  
Blogger baggie said...

wow, nice poem there.. i used to write poems too, but....also but lor...

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 2:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home